Liberal Arts at IILM University encourages students to respect and understand the world around them and provide a strong skill base to facilitate further study. It strives to deliver an academic experience that fosters intellectual curiosity, critical thought process, problem-solving approach, self-reflection, leadership and teamwork skills, a sense of professionalism and a heightened sensitivity to one’s socio-cultural environment, thereby providing an excellent grounding for various career options. A liberal education educates the whole person and prepares students to excel in a range of careers and most importantly, live lives that are purposefully and meaningfully rich. It prepares students to learn how to learn and inspires them for continuous learning throughout their lives. We believe that these are essential requirements for professional managers as well as public administrators. IILM offers the programs both at Bachelors’ as well as Masters’ Level.
The goal of a liberal arts education at IILM University is to provide students with the necessary skills to construct lives of substance and achievement, helping them to become sagacious citizens. By offering programmes and implementing practices that adopt an integrated and holistic approach to student learning outcomes, institutions of higher education are better equipped to provide students with the necessary skills to achieve this goal. It will give students the necessary foundation of knowledge and skills that can be used across a range of contexts, and opportunities to see the connections among different domains of learning.
- Acquire, analyze and synthesize knowledge in order to ask and evaluate critical questions.
- Integrate perspectives across disciplines.
- Articulate and organize ideas in forms appropriate to the disciplines using language, numbers, image, sound, and/or movement.
- Demonstrate thinking and reasoning appropriate to both concrete or abstract contexts and challenges, employing multiple tools and cross-disciplinary approaches.
- Conduct research, construct hypotheses and/or research questions, and draw conclusions that connect new knowledge to existing knowledge. Explore the arts, learning to analyze, critique and/or practice artistic forms.
- Connect intellectual inquiry to the real world through experiential learning. Illustrate the ability to connect multiple ideas that spread across disciplines and activities.
The programme would be organized through lectures, tutorials, experiential exercises, projects, presentations, workshops, seminars and hands on training. Students would be encouraged to develop an understanding of real life situations and participate in the programmes and practices in the social context. Practicum is incorporated as an important component in most of the papers with hands on training in the use of various research methods such as laboratory experiments, field experiments, observation, testing, survey, interview and case study. Use of ICT, mass media and web based sources (like documentaries, videos, films etc.) are highly recommended to make the learning process interactive, interesting and fruitful.
- B Design
- BA (Hons)
- B Sc (Computer Science) Hons with specialization in Artificial Intelligence, Innovation & Technology
For Undergraduate Program:
10+2 in any Discipline
For Postgraduate Program:
Bachelor Degree in any Discipline