BA(Hons.) Journalism, Media and Communication at IILM University is a three-year honours programme. We have developed this course with your future in mind. New technologies are revolutionising the industry, we’ll equip you to be a multi-skilled multimedia professional who can rise to any challenge. In addition to studying the core modules of journalism and mass communication, you will study elective modules from multiple disciplines that will add depth to your professional skills and broaden your options for employment.
Students will study under the guidance of expert faculty members who specialize in books and publishing, cultural studies, documentary and podcast making, health communication, history and cultural studies, international and global studies, investigative journalism, law, magazines, narrative nonfiction writing, public relations, political communication, web and publication design, and print and online news reporting.
- To develop critical and analytical thinking skills to be able to make linear and holistic decisions.
- To develop the art of persuasion to be able to connect effectively with a purpose.
- Ability to make clear ethical judgments, keeping in mind values and priorities as the foundation.
- Ability to generate and test creative ideas to solve problems within the real world
- Write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for businesses, audiences and purposes they serve.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team to achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the media industry along with practical and theoretical concepts of journalism, media and communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to be self-reflective and to be able to articulate one’s philosophical and theoretical stance regarding communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to use the tools and technologies appropriate for the communications professions in which they work.
|Core/Linked||Fixed Electives||Free Electives||AEC/SEC
|History of media||Radio Journalism||Law||Critical Thinking
|Academic writing||Basics of editing||Interior Design||Emotional Intelligence
|Art of storytelling||Investigative journalism||Psychology||Environmental Studies
|Elements and aspects of journalism||TV Journalism||International Management||Election, democracy and governance
|Communication: Concepts, elements and process||Media Psychology||Entrepreneurship||Leadership strategies
|News Writing||Journalism in a networked world||Fashion Design and Management||Entrepreneurship
|The digital journalist||Commerce|
|Indian state, polity and media laws|
|Journalism in Practice|
|Principles and practices of Public Relations|
|International media scenario|
|Advertising and Copy writing|
|Media & Films|
Name of companies for probable placement
Penguin Books India
Cambridge University Press