IILM Law School offers B.A. LL. B. (Hons.) programme keeping in mind the fast-changing nature of the society and the future of workplace and the required competencies in the students to understand and respond to the same, efficiently, and effectively. Through a combination of courses in Liberal Arts and Law subjects, the programme is designed to foster interdisciplinary learning and application of philosophies and jurisprudence, various aspects of sociopsychology, demands of trade, economics, humanity, and human development. The program endows the students with enhanced abilities to observe, contemplate, evaluate, and critically analyse diverse legal procedures and their effects on society. It also enables them to comprehend the implementation of legal theories in various novel and intricate circumstances.
Year-wise Curriculum Overview
- The program of B.A. LL. B. (Hons.) has been uniquely designed to equip students with fundamental knowledge and foundational courses that are essential to pursue research and practical application in diverse fields of liberal arts and law.
- The program provides students with a comprehensive understanding of diverse legal theoretical frameworks through a broad selection of elective courses, enabling them to evaluate, administer, analyse, and interpret statutes and precedents within their professional contexts.
- The programme opens multiple avenues for students to explore career opportunities through internships with regulatory authorities, law firms, academic institutions, think tanks, public sector units, sectoral NGOs, public prosecutors, litigation, legal aid clinics, international law firms, judicial clerkships.
- Through a combination of the B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) curriculum at IILM Law School and internship programmes, students at the Law school are equipped with a comprehensive grasp of the legal system, empowering them to envision a wide range of career possibilities, including higher studies.
- Upon completion of the programme, a B.A. LL. B. (Hons.) student will have gained expertise in legal communication, interpretation and implementation of laws, exploration of multiple legal avenues, specialisation in legal subjects of interest, and a proficiency in legal employment.
- The programme lays the groundwork for future study, research, and practical application both in the field of law and humanities.
- The programme equips students with a range of transferable skills of great potential value to future employers.
- The programme aims to help implement legal theories, statutes, and precedents in complex legal and public policy contexts.
- The program offers professional education and enables enrolment as a legal practitioner with the relevant State Bar Council and Bar Council of India.
Admission Eligibility Criteria/ Procedure
Admission to B.A. LL. B. (Hons.) and B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) programme is made based on the merit followed by an interview.