The Bachelor of Design degree program at IILM prepares students for professional careers by developing technical competency, independentproblem solving and understanding, necessary for the challenges of a career in the creative industries. IILM practices the philosophy of liberal education, which drives creativity and innovation with a multidisciplinary learning system. The degreepromotes an emphasis on the diversity of studio practice and liberal art experiences. Students will consider design ideas from a variety of perspectives including history, architecture, social and environment impact, as well aspurpose, which will enable them to develop a unique design philosophy.
The scope and range of talent and skills acquired, offers tremendous opportunities to students to move into various segments of industry, forplacements and further expertise.
In addition, IILM provides students with the option of a flexible curriculum to accelerate the completion of the B. Design degree. On acquiring atotal of 160 credits from the course offerings, a student can complete the degree in a span of 3-4 years.
Combining a comprehensive interior design curriculum with a strong liberal arts education, our professional Interior Design program ensures skills to design & create energetic, inspiring spaces alongside finding purposeful life works. Students explore a wide range of career paths which are motivation & purpose driven, learning to maximize health, wellness, style, and sustainable practices across corporate, residential, retail, and hospitality design. The emphasis is on innovative, effective verbal communication skills, graphic skills and technical proficiency, with its focus on the development of critical thinking, ability enhancements and skill enhancement.
The program is structured to produce graduates who are purpose driven,culturally, socially, and historically aware, and who have the knowledge and skills to create safe and pleasing interior environments. In combination with the required professional experience, the curriculum satisfies the educational requirements for industry & associations along with work experience, through live projects & practices.
- PLG 1: To develop & demonstrate design abilities and teach technical skills to support future careers.
- PLG 2: To use a problem-solving approach to design innovation and develop global competencies amongst students.
- PLG 3: To nurture creativity and encourage professionalism and entrepreneurship.
- Design Fundamentals
- Visualisation & Drawing Techniques
- Material Exploration & Craft Studies
- History of Art & Design
- Design Process & Research
- Technical Drafting & Digital Software
- Building Material & Construction
- Interior Design History & Studio
- Interior Design Studio – Residential
- Interior Design Studio – Retail & Exhibition
- Interior Design Studio – Public Spaces
- Furniture Design
- Interior Styling & landscaping
- Building Technology & Services
- Design Marketing & Management
- Technology & Sustainability
- Retail & E-commerce
- Visual Communication
- Luxury & Design
- Buying, Merchandising & Product Fundamentals
- Students will choose courses from other disciplines
Skill Enhancement Courses
- Art of Storytelling & Communication
- Digital Technology
- Environmental Studies
- Social & Emotional Development