The Bachelor of Design degree program at IILM prepares students for professional careers by developing technical competency, independent problem solving and understanding, necessary for the challenges of a career in the creative industries. IILM practices the philosophy of liberal education, which drives creativity and innovation with a multidisciplinary learning system. The degree promotes an emphasis on the diversity of studio practice and liberal art experiences. Students will consider design ideas from a variety of perspectives including history, architecture, social and environment impact, as well as purpose, which will enable them to develop a unique design philosophy.
The scope and range of talent and skills acquired, offers tremendous opportunities to students to move into various segments of industry, forplacements and further expertise.
In addition, IILM provides students with the option of a flexible curriculum to accelerate the completion of the B. Design degree. On acquiring atotal of 160 credits from the course offerings, a student can complete the degree in a span of 3-4 years.
The B. Design Degree in Fashion Design & Management allows for students to acquire athorough background in all aspects of the fashion industry. It aims to prepare students with aholistic approach for a professional and creative career in the fashion space.The curriculum focuses not just on fashion design but also on fashion management, which is in growing demand in this fast-changing field.
The course will nurture the design potential of students, train in technicalities and craft of fashion
design, while applying design thinking to real life briefs. It will also encourage and develop leadership skills amongst students leading them to the path of entrepreneurship and management.
It will help students develop competencies in styling, merchandising, marketing and management of fashion goods from high street to luxury categories, there by preparing them for a wide range of career opportunities. Our brand of fashion education nurtures creativity while providing a rigorous grounding in the practical and technical skills needed for career success, exposing students to the real demands and practices of the fashion world.
- PLG 1: To develop & demonstrate design abilities and teach technical skills to support future careers.
- PLG 2: To use a problem-solving approach to design innovation and develop global competencies amongst students.
- PLG 3: To nurture creativity and encourage professionalism and entrepreneurship.
- Design Fundamentals
- Visualisation & Drawing Techniques
- Material Exploration & Craft Studies
- History of Art & Design
- Design Process & Research
- Fabric Studies & Textiles
- Fashion Illustration & CAD
- Fashion History & Theory
- Pattern Development
- Garment Construction & Draping
- Fashion Styling
- Design Marketing & Management
- Buying, Merchandising & Product Fundamentals
- Fashion Project
- Entrepreneurship & Professional practice
- Technology & Sustainability
- Retail & E-commerce
- Visual Communication
- Luxury & Design
- Fashion Journalism
Students will choose courses from other disciplines
Ability Enhancement/Skill Enhancement Courses
- Art of Storytelling & Communication
- Environmental Studies
- Digital Technology
- Social & Emotional Development