Dr. Rati Khurana holds a doctorate in clinical psychology and is a certified CBT and EFT practitioner. She is currently working as an Assistant Professor (Clinical psychology) in IILM University, Gurugram. Her doctoral studies were about the effectiveness of a Positive CBT based intervention for caregivers of patients suffering with mental illness. She has about 5 years of experience working with clients dealing with psychological concerns and more than 4 years of academic experience. Alongside, she has immense interest in research and is an author of more than 10 national and international publications. Recently, in March 2022, she developed a scale that measures COVID-19 vaccination hesitancy and anxiety among urban Indian adult population on the account of which she was honored with promising icon award in the field of psychology. She is a dedicated and life-long learner who aims to build culturally adapted psychological interventions that are fit for purpose in India.
- Ph.D., Psychology, SGT University, Gurugram
- MA, Amity University, Noida
- BA (Hons), Delhi University
- Certified CBT Practitioner
- Counselling Psychologist
- Certified Positive CBT & EFT Practitioner
Research and Scholarly Publication
- Qureshi A, & Khurana, R. (2023).The Healing Wisdom of Bhagavad Gita: An Interventional Study for the Physically Ill Patients Experiencing Anxiety and Depression.
- Khurana, R., & Kumar, N. (2023)COVID-19 PANDEMIC: A NEGATIVE REINFORCEMENT FOR CHILDREN BATTLING SOCIAL ANXIETY.
- Khurana, R., & Goel. (2023). Discovering Balance Through Ancient Wisdom: How KarmayogaEnhances Your MentalWell Being Beyond Western Approaches. Discovering Balance Through Ancient Wisdom: How KarmayogaEnhances Your MentalWell Being Beyond Western Approaches.
- Saxena, S., Vyas, K., Khurana, R., & Kalsi, N. (2023). COVID-19 VACCINATION HESITANCY IN INDIA: A SHORT REVIEW BASED STUDY. Madhya Pradesh Journal of Social Sciences, 28(1), 14– 19.
- Qureshi, A., & Khurana, R. (2022). Effects of spirituality on quality of life of young adults: An explorative study based in Delhi NCR. Journal of the Asiatic Society of Mumbai, 96(4), 110–120.
- Khurana, R., Gupta, L., & Kumar, N. (2022). Development and standardization of a COVID-19 Vaccination Anxiety scale for Adult Urban Indian Population (CVAS-A). Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics, 1–7. Advance online publication.
- Khurana, R., & Kumar, N. (2022). EXPLORATION OF SELF-CONCEPT IN CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS THROUGH SELF PORTRAIT DRAWINGS. Journal of Positive School Psychology, 6(4), 5433–5442.
- Khurana, R. & Kumar, N. (2021). A positive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy based Intervention with a caregiver of a patient with mental illness amidst the Covid-19 pandemic: A case study. International Journal of Current Research and Review, Vol. 13 (12), 239-242.
- Khurana, R. & Kumar, N. (2021). Influence of the cultural, religious & spiritual context on care giving outcomes in Indian context: A conceptual framework Analysis. NIU International Journal of Human Rights, Vol. 8 (20), 75-86.
- Khurana, R., & Kumar, N. (2021). Management of Anxiety & Depression in Caregivers of Mentally Ill Patients through A Positive CBT Intervention: A Pilot Study Based In New Delhi. IOSR Journal of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), 26(11), 61–70. https://doi.org/10.9790/0837- 2611066170
- Jha, V. K., & Khurana, R. (2019). Cognitive Behaviour therapy for caregiver burden in severe mental illness cases: An empirical Analysis. IAHRW International Journal of Social Sciences Review, 7(5), 820–826.
- Khurana, R., & Kumar, N. COVID-19 PANDEMIC: A NEGATIVE REINFORCEMENT FOR CHILDREN BATTLING SOCIAL ANXIETY.
- A paper titled “Role of cultural beliefs in caregiving: An exploratory study based in New Delhi, India – presented in the World Conference of CBT in July 2019 happened in Berlin, Germany.
- Another paper titled “Exploration of Self-Concept in young children with special needs through self-portrait drawings” was presented in the International Conference of Projective Psychology held in the month of January,2020 in New Delhi, India
- Another research paper titled, Disruption in the assumptive world and spiritual practice during the covid 19 pandemic: A Mixed method comparative study of those with or without common mental disorders” was presented in the 7th Asian CBT Conference held from 7th to 10th July 2021 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Research titled, “A Positive Cognitive Behavior Therapy based Intervention with a Caregiver of a Patient with Mental Illness Amidst the Covid-19 Pandemic: A Case Study” was presented in the 11th International Conference organized by the Pakistan Association of Cognitive Therapy in March 2021.
- Research titled, “COVID-19 Pandemic: A negative reinforcement for children battling Social Anxiety” was presented at the International Conference on Cognitive Behavioral Interventions organized by the Asian Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Association in November 2021.
- Research titled, “Positive psychology interventions with children and adolescents- A theoretical Review” was presented at the international conference on Positive Parenting organized by Christ Nagar College, Trivandrum in February, 2022.
- Presented a paper titled, “Cultural Acceptability of Online Cognitive Behaviour Therapy in India: Experiences of Therapists & Clients” at the European Association of CBT Conference held at Barcelona, Spain in September 2022.
- Presented research titled, “The Silent Threat: Exploring the Link Between Pollution and Mental Health: Evidence from Delhi-NCR” at the University of Southampton, UK in the month of April, 2023.
- Presented research titled, “Self-Image and worldview of ‘Hijras’ in India- A qualitative study of life experiences, beliefs, and emotional problems of transgender individuals” at the World Congress of CBT held in Seoul, South Korea in the month of May, 2023.
Publications in Magazine
- Article on “Suicide Prevention and Awareness: Going beyond the role of a Bystander” in Focus News, Delhi
- Received recognition from PINKVILLA.COM as they included my opinion on signs to look out for suicide and ways to prevent it in their September issue 2021 for Suicide Prevention.
- Contributed chapter in the book – “Emerging Trends in Science, Engineering and Management: Cognitive Behvioral Therapy for a client with history of sexual abuse and trauma.