Center of Excellence for Legal Writing
The skill of writing and the art of presentation are the two defining characters of excellence in the field of law. Legal writing is an activity that combines these two elements and considering the same, IILM Law School has established a Center of Excellence for Legal Writing that shall hone the writing and research skills of the students. The center for legal writing shall conduct various activities like article writing, judgment analysis, essay competitions, research workshops etc.
Following are the research areas in which CELW currently functions:
- Constitutional Law, Policy and Governance (CLPG)
- Intellectual Property and Technology (IPT)
- Banking and Financial Laws (BFL)
- Corporate Law and Competition (CLC)
- Criminal Law and Justice (CLJ)
- Human Rights and International Law (HRIL)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Aim and Objective
- To encourage and facilitate Academic research activities.
- To enable students to hone skills of legal writing and analysis.
- To inculcate the spirit of appreciating the juristic trends and evolve a thought process.
- To promote research Culture among the faculty and students.
- To publish the write-ups in national and international journals.
- To initiate inter-disciplinary approach in Legal Research.