IILM has a legacy of excellence in Responsible Education since 1993. It is this unique heritage that sets us apart from other educational institutes. IILM has carved a niche for itself in pedagogical innovation and experiential learning opportunities both inside and outside the classroom, thereby providing a holistic development to the students.
The Design, Fashion & Life style market has expanded and grown at an exponential rate, in addition the high growth rate of the GDP in India has led to a booming market for design products, fashion, services &communication. Consequently, the industry requires human resources with diverse capabilities and specialism.
IILM School of Design & Fashion has a rich intellectual capital of highly experienced faculty who engage themselves in continuous research. The course curriculum rationalizes the need of the course, the course Design, Teaching & Learning Approach and the Graduate Profile which will be achieved at the end of the period.
School of Design & Fashion exposes students to the maximum potential in the design domain, simultaneously embedding their learning with practical holistic experience to enable students to learn autonomously as they develop further. The scope & range of talent and skills required offers tremendous opportunities to students to move into segments of industry for placements and further expertise.
The high – end life style, buoyed by Designer labels and high profile brands have established a niche for high value, designer label market. There has been a rapid ascent of awareness and demand for designer label goods. Alongside with emerging awareness about sustainability, ethical, fair trade practices, understanding of circular economy are opening new domain for designers to extend their learning beyond skills and practices to shoulder mettle of being responsible designers. Thus the introduction of Liberal Arts, Business, Leadership and On-line Learning are integrated in curriculum for holistic development.
The Curriculum is designed to be student-centered and market-oriented. It will continue to build in the currency of the market needs, developments of the evolving market as well as the aspirations of students to engage students in live experiences so that a fair mix of the theoretical and the practical is rolled into the learning provision.
Most importantly, the programme will hone creativity, initiative, innovation and judgment along with intellectual acumen to formulate, develop and communicate conceptual arguments rooted in a holistic perspective of the business context.
The B Design (4year programme) starts with a first year of foundation which covers courses like Design Fundamentals, Material Manipulation, Visualization Tools and processes and offer students courses on Professional skill which involves Communications and Critical thinking.
- Demonstrate a healthy mix of concepts and practical skills.
- Be an employable professional and develop to be leaders in their field of expertise
- Highly competent professionals capable of decision-making as well as hands-on competencies suited for the breadth of offers.
- Embody the capacity, the drive, and the value-based professional competence to address varied situations in the world of work that can be transformed into added business value.
- Competency to perform effectively for the rapidly changing and an extremely dynamic market & industry.
- Exhibit communication and technical competencies.
- Demonstrate design expertise along with contextual business and commercial understanding.
- A mandatory 3-6 months internship
- Study of a foreign language
- Experts and Professionals from design industry would be invited to interact with students.
- Industry visits to Design & Fashion studios, manufacturing industry, craft locations and fashion retail markets to understand the context of their learning and its ultimate application.
- Students will visit museums, exhibitions, trade fairs, fashion events to have a first- hand experience of art, design and fashion.
- Students would be encouraged to participate in promotional events, competitions and seminars for a hands-on experience.
- Faculty members will be required to undertake research in their domain and / or undertake consultancy of professional projects.
The Indian market conditions have bolstered the demand of highly competent and mature design professionals who can take up key positions as practitioners, managers, in design, buying & sourcing, project management and other related areas.
Given the growing demand for professional education at the graduate level, there was a need to introduce the design courses for a wide student base, with multi entry levels at undergraduate, post graduate level, encompassing broader domain.
The Masters programme is planned over two years, with a common 6 months Foundation, to impart conceptual understanding of the subjects and also the industry specific skill set. It aims to provide a holistic learning through a process driven blend of theoretical, practical hands on experience to function, strategize and render services to the industry.
The learning approach will key focus on design thinking, innovative design development, through conceptualization, ideation, exploration, and experimentation, ultimately to develop a personal style and vision.
The Teaching & Learning focuses on development of research and analytical abilities to understand the design industry along with the business environment and to develop value based professional competencies.
The courses provide a broad intake of graduates from any discipline to imbibe a integrated approach to design and technical subjects with thorough market understanding
To gain live experience through industry interaction, internship and live projects to learn better professional practices, opportunity to participate in Exhibitions.
Employability skills are seamlessly embedded in the T & L strategies.
For Undergraduate Program:
10+2 in any Discipline
For Postgraduate Program:
Bachelor Degree in any Discipline