Dr Shilpa has worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow and Assistant Professor (Adjunct), with more than 7 years of experience in the higher education industry. She is highly skilled in research, data analysis, scientific writing, lecturing, and university teaching. Dr Shilpa has gained a PhD in Management focused on the intersection of digital technologies, marketing, finance and sustainability. Consequently, she has an interdisciplinary approach towards research. Her research interests include digitalization, marketing, branding, sustainability, digital platforms, sustainable business strategies, sustainable marketing, sustainable consumerism, FinTech, and behavioural operations. She is conversant in quantitative and qualitative research, especially primary research and skilled at using various analytical and statistical techniques. She has been actively working on various collaborative research projects in diverse areas with researchers from Asia, the US, the UK, and Europe, and passionate to undertake further interdisciplinary projects.
- PhD (Management) as a JRF/SRF, School of Management Studies, Punjabi University, Patiala (Punjab), India (2020). (Topic- IT-based Banking Services and Sustainability)
- UGC-NET & JRF (Management).
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing and Finance (Dual Specialization), Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa (Haryana), India (2014).
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Punjabi University, Patiala (Punjab), India (2012).
- Assistant Professor, IILM University, Gurugram, Haryana, India (May 2022 – Present).
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Centre for Research Excellence in Marketing, Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad (MICA), India (2021 – 2022).
- Assistant Professor (Adjunct), Department of Business Administration, Chaudhary Devi Lal University (CDLU), Sirsa (Haryana), India (2019 – 2021).
- Senior Research Fellow (research and teaching post-graduate (MBA) classes), School of Management Studies, Punjabi University, Patiala (Punjab), India (2014 – 2019).
- Published research paper titled “Hey, did you see that label? It’s sustainable! – Understanding the role of sustainable labelling in shaping sustainable purchase behaviour for sustainable development” in Business Strategy and the Environment (Scopus, ABDC-A, ABS-3, SSCI, Impact Factor – 10.801), 2022, 1-19.
- Published research paper titled “Determinants of customers’ intentions towards environmentally sustainable banking: Testing the structural model” in Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services (Scopus, ABDC-A, Q1, ABS, SSCI, Impact Factor – 10.972), Vol. 59, March 2021, 102418, ISSN: 0969-6989.
- Published research paper titled “Three Decades of Research on the Demand and Supply Side Perspectives of Digital Technologies in Banking: A Review & Research Agenda” in International Journal of Agile Systems and Management (IJASM), a Scopus-indexed (Q1) journal, Vol. 14, No. 4, 543-575 (2021), ISSN: 1741-9182.
- Published research paper titled “A Review on Key Performance Indicators for Measuring Real Estate Project Success” in International Journal of Sustainable Development and Planning, a Scopus-indexed journal, Vol. 16, No. 4 (2021), 791-800, ISSN: 1743-7601 (Print), 1743-761X (Online).
- Published research paper titled “Understanding Customers’ Environmental Attitudes towards IT-enabled Sustainable Banking” in International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, Vol. 29, No. 11s, 998-1005 (2020), ISSN: 2005-4238 (Scopus).
- Published research paper titled “IT-based banking: A Review of Studies on Acceptance, Service Quality and Sustainability Issues” in Indian Management Studies Journal (Peer-reviewed), Vol. 22 (1), April 2018, Page- 91-114 (ISSN: 0974-4355).
- Published Research Paper titled “Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises Sector in India: Present Scenario and Challenges” in Gyan Management-An International Bi-annual Refereed Journal of Management and Technology (Peer-reviewed), Vol. 10 No. 2, 43-56, July-Dec 2016. (ISSN 0974-7621).
- Published Research Paper titled “Microfinance and Women Empowerment in India” in Vol. 15 No. 1, 46-54, January-June 2016 Issue of Pravara Management Review (PMR) (Peer-reviewed), the Research Journal of Dr VikhePatil Foundation’s Pravara Centre of Management Research and Development (PCMRD), Pune. (ISSN 0975-7201).
Articles in conference proceedings
- Published abstract titled “Exploring the Interplay between IT-based Banking & Sustainability” in Giannetti, B.F.; Almeida, C.M.V.B.; Agostinho, F. (editors) edited by Deakin University and UniversidadePaulista: Advances in Cleaner Production, Proceedings of the 9th International Workshop, Melbourne, Australia. May 26th, 2020, ISSN: 1984-8455.
- Published research paper titled “Examining Young Customer’s Attitude & Intention to Adopt IT-based Banking Services” in the Conference Proceedings (Advances in Global Business Research), Vol. 16, No. 1, 471-480, ISSN: 1549-9332 published by McGraw Hill Education (India) Private Limited of Academy for Global Business Advancement’s (AGBA’s) 16th World Congress held at IIT Delhi, New Delhi, India on July 2-4, 2019.
- Published Research Paper titled “Acceptance and Sustainability Issues in Information Technology-Based Banking Services: A Review of Literature” in the Conference Proceedings (Advances in Global Business Research), Vol. 14, No. 1, 28-34, ISSN: 1549-9332 published by McGraw Hill Education (India) Private Limited of Academy for Global Business Advancement’s 14th World Congress held at MOI University, Kenya on November 23-25, 2017.
- Accepted for publication book chapter titled “Employees’ Perspective on Interplay of IT-based Banking & Sustainability” in the edited book Role of Electronic Finance in Economic Growth – Global Outlook for Sustainable Development to be published by Palgrave MacMillan.
- Published book chapter titled “Perceived Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on People’s Lives” in the edited book 2020 Coronavirus: Pandemic in India in 2020 (ISBN: 978-81-947590-0-3) published by National Press Associates, New Delhi.
- Published book chapter titled “Growth and Development in Usage of IT-based Banking Services: An Indian Scenario” in the edited book Digital Marketing Insights in 2018 (ISBN: 978-93-87387-02-7). Digital Marketing Insights, published by Siya Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Accepted for presentation research paper titled “E-Satisfaction during Covid-19 pandemic: Leveraging social media marketing to enable digital transformation of small local businesses in the new normal” for 5th Conference on Entrepreneurship & Economic Development (CEED) (2022) to be held at Doha, Qatar in 2022.
- Presented research paper titled “FinTech and Value Creation: Linking Organizational Process-related Indicators and Performance Outcomes” at ICMC 2022: The Future of Business in a Digital Era: Data, Analytics, and Narratives, organized by MICA in partnership with University of Southampton held on the 5-7 January, 2022 at MICA, India.
- Participated in “The 9th World Sustainability Forum” organized by MDPI and Sciforum on September 13, 14 & 15, 2021.
- Presented research paper titled “Understanding Gender Differences in the antecedents to Consumer Decision-Making” at 5th International Conference of Marketing, Strategy and Policy organized by Newcastle University, on September 8, 9 & 10, 2021.
- Participated in International Conference on Responsible Tourism and Hospitality 2021 (ICRTH2021) with the theme on “Rebuilding Tourism for the Future through Sustainable Development” held on May 27-28, 2021 co-organized by the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture (MTAC) Sarawak, the Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management (UCSI University), Sarawak Research Society (SRS) and Emerald Publishing (East Asia).
- Presented Research Paper titled “Understanding Customers’ Environmental Attitudes towards IT-enabled Sustainable Banking” at Online International Conference on ‘Marketing 5.0: Relationships, Personalization and Data Herald’ held on 6th and 7th June 2020 at Chitkara Business School, Chitkara University, Punjab, India.
- Participated in 9th International Workshop on Advances in Cleaner Production (IWACP) with paper titled “Exploring the Interplay between IT-based Banking & Sustainability” held at Melbourne, Australia on 26th May 2020.
- Attended the California Entrepreneurship Educators Conference Online organized by the San Diego State University Lavin Entrepreneurship Center in partnership with the International Council for Small Business (ICSB) from 16th to 17th April, 2020.
- Presented Poster/Research Paper titled “Examining Customer’s Intention to Adopt IT-enabled Banking Services in India” at 7th PAN IIM World Management Conference held by IIM-Rohtak (India) at United Service Institution of India, New Delhi on December 12-14, 2019.
- Presented research paper titled “Examining Young Customer’s Attitude & Intention to Adopt IT-based Banking Services” at Academy for Global Business Advancement’s (AGBA’s) 16th World Congress presented by Strategic Alliance Between AGBA, Millikin University (USA), IIM-Rohtak (India) and GIFT Society (India) held at IIT Delhi, New Delhi, India on July 2-4, 2019.
- Presented research paper titled “Acceptance and Sustainability Issues in Information Technology-Based Banking Services: A Review of Literature” at Academy for Global Business Advancement’s (AGBA’s) 14th World Congress presented by Strategic Alliance between AGBA and MOI University held at MOI University, Kenya on November 23-25, 2017.
- Presented Research Paper titled “Integrating Technology into Banking: A Pathway to Revolutionized Banking” at 1st International Conference on Emerging Trends in Commerce, Management and Environmental Sciences (ETCMES 2016) organized by Department of Commerce and Management, Government Mohindra College, Patiala on January 15-16, 2016
- Presented Research Paper titled “Women Empowerment: A Transformation Stepped up by Microfinance in India” at 7th International Conference on Empowering Women, Empowering Humanity held at Women’s Studies Centre, Punjabi University, Patiala on December 11-12, 2015
Reviewer for international conferences/journals
- Annual Meetings of the Academy of Management (AOM) 2020, 2021, and 2022.
- Academy of International Business (AIB) 2022 Miami Conference.
- Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, an ABDC-A and ABS-2 ranked Journal with high Impact Factor- 6.014.
- Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, an ABDC-A and ABS-2 ranked Journal with high Impact Factor- 7.135.
- Journal of Financial Services Marketing, an ABDC-B and ESCI Journal.
- International Journal of Agile Systems and Management (IJASM),a Scopus-indexed (Q1) journal.
- South Asian Journal of Marketing, a journal by Emerald Publishing.
- Young Consumers, an ABDC-B category journal by Emerald Publishing.
- Reviewer and Committee member for 38th IBIMA Conference held at Seville, Spain on 23-24 November 2021.
- Member of Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) since 2021.
- Member of Association for Consumer Research (ACR) since 2021.
- Member of IEEE since 2021.
- Global Engagement Program member of Abu Dhabi University (ADU-Global).
- Member of “Group for Research on Organizations and the Natural Environment (GRONEN) Community” since 2021.
- Member of Social Sciences and Economics Research (SSER) Society, Amsterdam, Netherlands since 2021.
- Member of Society for Marketing Advances since 2021.
- Certified Mendeley advisor and member of Mendeley Advisors Committee supported by Elsevier since 21st April 2020.
- Full member of AGBA’s (Academy for Global Business Advancement) Global Membership.