BA (Hons) in Liberal Arts is an undergraduate program to foster creativity, propel innovation, and provide the basis for the preparation of a new generation of informed leaders that can make a lasting impact in their chosen fields. This program aims to impart depth of knowledge along with valuable and transferable skills that are critical to succeed in life. It prepares one to question preconceived notions, find methods to overcome them, and adopt broader perspectives for the solution of complicated problems. Interdisciplinary education emphasizes critical thinking, identifies insights from multiple disciplines, and promotes lasting and significant learning.
Liberal Education seeks to develop and evolve a learning system of education that will provide students with the choices to take diverse courses. The Undergraduate Program is based on interdisciplinary perspectives It is a platform for education which propagates different paradigms and models from diverse learning disciplines. This helps students develop abilities to connect and integrate knowledge, helping them to apply it in contemporary and future real- world scenarios.
Objectives: to build perspective via multi-dimensional learning
- PLO1 Develop critical and analytical thinking skills.
- PLO2 Enhance verbal and written communication skills.
- PLO3 Ability to make clear and ethical judgments.
- PLO4 Inculcate the ability to seek innovative solutions to real-world problems.
- PLO5. Foster the ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team.
- PLO6. Develop an interdisciplinary approach to address socio-economic and organizational issues.
Why study Liberal Arts at IILM?
Liberal Education seeks to bring about:
- Lifelong learning,
- Broad knowledge of multiple disciplines,
- Inter-disciplinary learning,
- In-depth study of a chosen discipline,
- Transferable skill set,
- Differential approach to learning,
- Connecting the dots through various mental models,
- Freedom of the mind,
- Ability to apply knowledge to practical real world situations.
The following majors are being offered in Liberal Arts at the university –
- BBA/ Business Administration, Management,
- International Relations,
It will be a combination of Core Papers, Fixed Electives, Free Electives, Ability Enhancement/Skill Enhancement Courses
Internships & Placements
Careers for liberal arts majors can be found in a variety of industries namely business, government, education, and healthcare. Some of these roles are in the field of marketing, human resources, advertising, communications, publishing, education, and data analytics.