B Com (Hons)
B.Com (Hons.) Program is a full-time, three-year, undergraduate program aimed at preparing young graduates for higher studies, employability and to nurture their intellectual, personal, interpersonal and societal skills.
This program aligned to IILM University’s ethos includes giving the students freedom of choice whereby they can pick up disciplines from multiple verticals. This in-process helps them specialize in two areas of their choice (major and minor) adding to their employability quotient and making them capable to handle any challenges they face during their careers. The Program imparts students with contemporary skill sets such as analytical, decision-making, technical, interpersonal and technological skills and is meant for students who desire to build their professional competence with higher knowledge and develop a holistic personality.
The B. Com. (Hons.) program at IILM University equips the students with applied knowledge so that at the end of the program they are ready to join the corporate world or commence their own ventures. The students may also choose to take up the option of higher education in India or abroad.
Key features of the Programme:
- The program helps the students to be well equipped for areas like Stock Markets/ Financial Markets/Financial Portfolio Analysis/ Banking/ Insurance etc.
- It aims to help the students understand the Financial & Accounting aspects of an organization.
- The program provides specific inputs to students to prepare them for educational avenues like CA/ CMS/CS as well as foreign education options.
- Mandates 6-8 weeks summer internship to make the students future prepared and job-ready.
Curriculum at a Glance:
The program aims at preparing students in the context of ever-changing environment in global business. It develops the ability of students to apply such concepts to practical situations and provides a comprehensive learning experience, designed to educate the students about global practices. The curriculum incorporates blended and experiential learning through Global Study, International Trek, Company Visits and internship. Business Simulation and Case Studies are core pedagogies in the classrooms.
For the purpose of adding value to the B. Com (Hons.) program, IILM University offers a number of Electives to the students, apart from the regular core courses.
The curriculum offers core (fundamental) programs across different areas listed below:
- Introductory Microeconomics
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to World History
- Introduction to Excel and Computing
- Environmental Studies and SDG
- Communication Skills
- Critical thinking
- Business Law
- Introductory Macroeconomics
- Corporate Accounting
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology: Politics of Society
- Introduction to Art and Culture
- Academic Writing
- Internship/NGO Immersion/Summer School
- Financial Management
- Mercantile Law
- Cost Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Foreign Language-I
- Income Tax Law and Practice
- Production and Operations Management
- Foreign Language-II
- Minor -3
- Minor -4
- Management Accounting
- Emotional Intelligence
- Summer Internship Programme
- Indirect Tax / GST and Customs Law
- Corporate Law
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Financial Markets, Institutions and Services
- Major Project /Dissertation
- Corporate Taxation
- Business Analytics
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- International Finance
- Strategic Cost Control
* These are Indicative, the students can choose electives for specialization.