Virtual Classroom Assistant
We are looking for a “Virtual Classroom Assistant” to support the faculty and students/participants in an engaging online learning environment using a variety of web conferencing solutions like MS Teams, Zoom, Webex etc. and others. This position will support duties related to the Virtual Instructor-Led Class administration and delivery of the lectures.
- Provide support to virtual classroom delivery.
- Meet with instructors/faculties prior to the course to complete dry run sessions if any.
- Provide technical support to the instructor and students as needed prior to the start and throughout the live session.
- Assist the instructor with specific technical functions (e.g., initiating breakout rooms, loading course materials, recording attendance, recording the class, downloading and uploading the recording files to the right repositories).
- Be available during the entire duration of the session to provide instructor and student support as needed.
- Assist instructors with virtual classroom set-up, technical or instructional media delivery, or video.
- Provide tier one support for troubleshooting live sessions issues (e.g., assisting students with login issues, troubleshooting audio or video issues, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Broad overall knowledge and experience in the use of computer, audio, and video technologies.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new distance online learning platform delivery tools and technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at all levels in the organization.
- Windows 10.
- MacOS X with MacOS 10.9 or later.
- Large or dual monitor.
- Broadband wired or wireless internet connection.
- Speakers and a microphone built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth.
- A Webcam or HD Webcam - built-in or USB plug-in.
Education and Experience
- Graduation or equivalent.
- Experience working with instructional delivery in classroom and distance education a plus.
- Proficient with one or both of the following virtual platforms: Microsoft TEAMS, Zoom
Aug 31, 2020